Your Choice of Spinal Injury Lawyer is Crucial to Your Case
Learn Why Cava Law Firm is Your Best Option
After you suffered a severe injury, selecting the right Springfield spinal injury lawyer can make all the difference in the outcome of your case. It is essential to find a team with the necessary experience, knowledge, and legal approach to meet your unique needs. At Cava Law Firm, we have over 25 years of experience handling several types of injury and accident cases, including those requiring skilled Springfield brain injury lawyers.
We dedicate ourselves to resolving our clients’ legal issues fairly, quickly, and with dignity.
Attorney Christopher F. Cava’s History of Success
Our founding partner, Attorney Christopher F. Cava, has an extensive history of success with personal injury cases. He is skilled at proving negligence, calculating damages, and maximizing settlements for injured clients. Attorney Cava also understands that his spinal injury clients need support throughout the steps of their legal claim. You can count on him to be approachable, consistent, and a good communicator.
Attorney Jennifer L. Cava-Foreman’s Expertise
Attorney Jennifer L. Cava-Foreman has worked with clients and their families who feel overwhelmed by the process of an injury case. They fear the prospect of dealing with insurers and worry they will not gather all the necessary information they need for a legal claim. Attorney Cava-Foreman understands these concerns. You can depend on her expertise in relevant Massachusetts laws regarding spinal injury cases, as well as her exceptional skills in negotiation. She not only gives her clients skillful guidance, but Attorney Cava-Foreman also keeps them informed about their case every step of the way. She knows the most important focus for a person who suffered a devastating spinal injury is healing, not the stress of a legal claim.
Accomplished Negotiators and Fierce Litigators
Our Springfield spinal cord injury attorneys at Cava Law Firm are accomplished and talented negotiators who use their talents to obtain the full and fair settlement our clients deserve. In addition to their expertise in spinal injuries, they are also skilled Springfield burn injury lawyers, adept at handling cases involving severe burns. They are also fierce litigators. Sometimes, insurers do not make an appropriate offer, so they also prepare spinal injury cases as if they will go to trial. Our attorneys have a deep understanding of the Massachusetts court system and our reputation for professionalism has earned the respect of our peers.
How Our Springfield Back Injury Lawyer Can Assist You
It is not uncommon to feel uncertain about how a lawyer can support you despite knowing that you need legal representation. Dealing with a spinal injury claim is unfamiliar territory for most people. By retaining the services of a knowledgeable legal expert, you can focus on healing both physically and emotionally. You do not have to navigate the intricate details of a spinal injury case on your own.
At Cava Law Firm, our team will gather pertinent evidence and construct a compelling case in your favor. At every step in the process, we will work relentlessly to secure the maximum compensation possible for your spinal injury case.
To effectively advocate for you, our spinal injury lawyers in Springfield will:
- Gather witness testimony regarding the incident that led to your spinal injury.
- Analyze any video footage of the incident.
- Review photographic evidence of the scene or injuries.
- Evaluate the police accident report.
- Consult with medical professionals regarding your condition.
- Speak with other experts or specialists, as needed.
- Build a convincing case to negotiate for the full settlement amount you deserve.
- Prepare your case as if it will go to trial if the insurer’s offer is not a fair amount.
When you choose Cava Law Firm, you can expect the most comprehensive legal representation available. Our accomplished spinal injury attorneys are equipped to handle even the most difficult or complex cases.
Back injury victims should be able to focus on their recovery without being burdened by the complexities of legal proceedings. Our team will manage your case and pursue the full compensation you need and deserve so you can focus on healing and moving forward with your life.
What We Do for You
Count on Our Trusted Springfield Spinal Injury Attorney
Our spinal injury attorneys in Springfield, MA specialize in representing people who have been physically or emotionally harmed by someone else’s negligent actions. Count on our team to address all legal matters associated with your case so you can focus on your healing and other needs associated with your injury. We keep you informed every step of the way. The following are the steps that our back injury attorney will take to help you:
- Free, Initial Consultation: The first step in the process is your initial consultation, during which our attorney will talk with you to discuss the details of your case. This may be done in person or over the phone, and our back injury lawyer will ask questions to get a clear understanding of what happened and the extent of your injuries.
- Detailed Investigation: Once our attorney has taken on your case, he or she will begin an investigation to gather evidence, including police reports, medical records, witness statements, and other relevant documents. Our team may also work with experts, such as accident reconstruction specialists, to help establish liability.
- Demand Letter: After completing our investigation, our spinal injury attorney will typically send a demand letter to the at-fault party or their insurance company, outlining your injuries, medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages you suffered related to your spinal injuries. The demand letter serves as a negotiation tool to try and reach a settlement without going to court.
- Negotiation: Our attorney will then enter into negotiations with the at-fault party or their insurance company to try and reach a settlement. This may involve back-and-forth discussions to come to a compensation amount that is fair for you.
- Filing a Lawsuit: If negotiations fail, our spinal cord injury attorney may decide to file a lawsuit on your behalf. This will involve drafting and filing a complaint with the appropriate court, after which the defendant will have a chance to respond.
- Discovery: After the lawsuit is filed, both parties will engage in a process called discovery, during which they exchange information and evidence related to the case. This may involve depositions, interrogatories, and requests for documents.
- Settlement or Trial: Depending on the circumstances of the case, our Springfield spinal injury lawyer may continue to negotiate for a settlement or prepare for trial. If your case goes to trial, our attorney will present evidence and argue your spinal injury case before a judge or jury.
- Resolution: If a settlement is reached or your case is decided in your favor at trial, our lawyer will work to ensure that the client receives the appropriate compensation. This may involve negotiating with healthcare providers or insurance companies to reduce outstanding debts or liens.
It is crucial that you contact our back injury lawyer quickly so we can get started on your case. In Massachusetts, the statute of limitations gives you only 3 years to bring your legal claim (Mass. Gen. Laws Ch. 260, § 2A). Because spinal injuries can be severe, there may be added complexities that differentiate your case from other personal injury claims.
How Our Spinal Injury Lawyer Proves Negligence
In a personal injury case, negligence refers to the failure of an individual or entity to exercise reasonable care in avoiding harm to others. To prove negligence in a personal injury case, there are four elements that must be established: duty of care, breach of duty, causation, and damages. Consulting with a personal injury lawyer in Springfield, MA, can help protect your rights.
Duty of care: This means that the defendant had a legal obligation to act in a reasonable manner and take reasonable steps to avoid causing harm to the plaintiff.
- For example, a driver owes a duty of care to other drivers and pedestrians on the road to drive safely and follow traffic laws.
Breach of duty: This means that the defendant failed to act in a reasonable manner and did not take reasonable steps to avoid causing harm to the plaintiff.
- For example, if a driver was texting while driving and caused an accident, they would have breached their duty of care to other drivers and pedestrians. Similarly, if a property owner did not repair a broken staircase and a guest fell and was injured, they would have breached their duty of care.
Causation: This means that the plaintiff’s injuries would not have occurred if the defendant had not breached their duty of care.
- For example, if a driver’s texting while driving caused an accident that resulted in the plaintiff’s injuries, the driver’s breach of duty caused the injuries.
This means that the plaintiff has incurred losses, such as medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering, as a result of the injuries caused by the defendant’s breach of duty.
- For example, if a plaintiff was injured in a car accident caused by a driver’s negligence, they may have incurred medical expenses, lost wages due to missed work, and pain and suffering. In such cases, consulting a law firm specializing in car accidents in Springfield, MA, can provide crucial legal assistance and guidance.
Types of Damages
Compensation You Can Receive in Your Spinal Injury Case
When you have suffered serious spinal injuries and they were caused by another’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation for various damages. “damages” are losses you suffered, some of which can be easily calculated, like amounts of medical bills. Calculation of other types of damages, like emotional distress or pain and suffering, requires the expertise and experience of our back injury lawyers.
Here are some of the types of damages that our team at Cava Law Firm may be able to help you recover:
- Medical expenses: Spinal injuries can result in a wide range of medical expenses, including hospitalization, surgeries, medication, physical therapy, and ongoing rehabilitation. You may also need medical equipment such as braces, wheelchairs, or home modifications to accommodate your injury. Our lawyers will work to ensure that you receive compensation for all the necessary medical costs associated with your injury.
- Lost income: If your spinal injury has caused you to miss work, you may be entitled to compensation for lost wages. You may also be able to recover compensation for future lost income if your injury has resulted in a long-term disability that affects your ability to work.
- Pain and suffering: Spinal injuries can cause physical and emotional pain and suffering, including depression, anxiety, and a reduced quality of life. Massachusetts law allows you to recover compensation for these intangible losses (Mass. Gen. Laws Ch. 231, § 6D).
If the spinal injuries your loved one suffered were so serious that they died as a result, you may be able to bring a wrongful death claim. Our Springfield wrongful death lawyer will fight to recover costs associated with your loved one’s funeral and burial expenses. We would also seek damages associated with an element unique to a wrongful death case: compensation for loss of consortium. Loss of consortium is a legal term that refers to the deprivation of the benefits and companionship that a person receives from his or her spouse or family member.
Our experienced spinal injury lawyers understand the devastating impact that these injuries can have on your life, and we will work tirelessly to help you recover the compensation you deserve.