How We Can Help
If you have been in an accident in the area, it is always a good idea to hire a Springfield pedestrian accident lawyer. When you are looking for an attorney here, it would be a great idea to call our team at the Cava Law Firm by dialing (413) 737-3430 or (413) 781-CAVA (2282). We offer a variety of services and benefits that can help ensure you are properly represented and that you receive all the compensation you are entitled to.
Benefit from Expertise
One of the main reasons for calling a pedestrian accident attorney if you are in an accident in the Springfield, MA, area is that you can benefit from their expertise. A pedestrian accident can be a complicated case, with a lot of factors to consider. When you hire an attorney, they will have experience with past cases that can be used to put together an appropriate plan for moving forward with your own.
When you hire medical malpractice attorneys in Springfield , the process will typically start with a full consultation. The team at the Cava Law Firm will be able to review all information, including accident reports, medical reports, witness statements, and other information. There is often additional investigation work that is necessary to further assess the situation. They can then help you formulate a plan and provide insight into what the forthcoming process will look like. Based on this, you can decide whether you want to continue to pursue a civil claim.
Support Filing Claim
If you decide that you do want to move forward with a civil claim following your accident, the attorney can help you file the claim. An important part of this process is identifying a proper amount to request in damages. It is fair to include all costs that you have incurred and can expect to incur in the future. Some common costs to include are medical and therapy bills, lost wages, property damages, and legal fees. In some situations, you can also include pain and suffering. Your attorney will help you outline these costs for the claim. They can then help identify all parties to notify and ensure the claim is processed the right way. This can reduce the risk that the claim is slowed or denied due to administrative issues.
Handling of Negotiations
If you are involved in a pedestrian accident, it is ideal to reach a settlement outside of the formal courtroom. This tends to be a quicker and less stressful option than going to court. However, it requires negotiation with the other parties. Typically, this will include speaking with motorists, their attorneys, prosecutors, and insurance companies, as well as consulting with a Springfield motorcycle accident lawyer when necessary.
Due to the complexities of the law and the importance of these negotiations, it is in your benefit to have this part of the process handled by your attorney. A pedestrian accident attorney in the Springfield, MA, area will have a lot of experience in these negotiations. They can continue to have your best interests in mind as they work to get to a fair settlement. Any final agreement will require your approval.
Support During Further Proceedings
While it is often ideal that you come to a fair settlement following an accident, there are situations when this is not possible. In these situations, the other option will be to move forward with a formal civil lawsuit. This process will typically include having your case heard before a judge or jury or other moderator. When you have an attorney by your side, they can help with this entire process. This will include building your case, presenting it in front of the judge or jury, and handling any discussions and deliberations during the process.
Focus on Recovery
While you will benefit considerably from having an attorney by your side, an added benefit is that it will allow you to focus on your recovery. If you have been involved in an accident as a pedestrian, it could lead to considerable physical and mental anguish. While it is very important to move forward with a claim soon after the accident, doing so on your own may be stressful to manage at this time. When you hire an attorney to help, they can handle the legal work and process for you. This will allow you to trust your attorney to do good work while also giving you an opportunity to focus on recovering from any sustained injuries.
Why Choose Us
If you have been involved in any type of accident when you were a pedestrian, it is extremely important that you hire an attorney that you can trust. At the Cava Law Firm, Winning is NO Accident! We are dedicated to ensuring that your rights are properly represented and that you have a sound strategy in place. This can help ensure you receive the compensation that you are entitled to.
If you have been involved in any type of accident, it would be a great idea to call us today to schedule your free consultation. You can reach our team and start the process by calling (413) 737-3430 or (413) 781-CAVA (2282).
Situations that Warrant Calling a Pedestrian Accident Attorney
There are various situations in particular when it would be a good idea to call an attorney.
- When hit by a motorist. If you are walking on a sidewalk, the edge of the road, or a crosswalk and are struck by a vehicle of any kind, it is always a good idea to call an attorney. While seeking medical attention should be your first priority, you should also call an attorney. Even if the injuries are minor, you are bound to incur costs that you should be reimbursed for.
- When the other party is not cooperative. While most people will take responsibility for their actions, there are situations when the other party is not cooperative. If the other party is not responding to your calls, will not offer to cover damages, or is denying responsibility, it is important to have legal support by your side.
- You are unable to work. If you are not able to work because of injuries sustained at the accident, you will want to let an attorney know. They can help you assess the financial impact of this accident and ensure you are properly reimbursed.
- Insurance denies claims. In most situations, the driver of a vehicle will have insurance that can cover their liability costs. However, there are situations when an insurance company will deny the claim. In these cases, having an attorney make formal contact with an insurer is a good idea.
One of the reasons that you should call an attorney following an accident is that they can help you receive fair compensation for any damages you have incurred. Some types of costs you should expect to receive compensation for include the following:
- Compensation for any medical bills that you have incurred. This can include transportation, hospital bills, medication, and therapy expenses.
- If you are unable to work for a period of time, the liable party can be held responsible for any financial setbacks you incur as a result of lost wages.
- During an accident, it is possible that any items you are carrying were damaged. You can expect to receive compensation for any property damage you incurred.
- Being struck by a car can be a very traumatic experience. You may be entitled to additional compensation for pain and suffering.
- Legal and other costs can be claimed during a legal process.
If you are in need of a pedestrian accident lawyer in Springfield, MA, the team from the Cava Law Firm is here to help. You can reach these legal professionals by dialing (413) 737-3430 or (413) 781-CAVA (2282).