What Should You Do After a Bicycle Accident?
You might wonder what to do next if you are involved in a bicycle accident. There will probably be a lot of emotions going through your mind, but you need to remain calm, think carefully, and follow these steps:
1. Call 911
You must always call 911 if you have been involved in a bicycle accident. You may think the accident is minor, and you may not feel injured, but if you want to pursue legal action later, it will be nearly impossible for you to do so if there is no report from the accident.
You should always call 911 to let them know what has happened, and you need to ask for the authorities to come to the scene of the collision.
2. Take Pictures and Videos of the Accident
You need to take pictures and videos of the accident after you have been involved in a collision, provided you can do so safely, because it is not unusual for people’s memories to fade following an accident. These pictures and videos can not only be used as evidence but also trigger your memory when we ask you about the accident later. It’s important to seek legal advice in such situations, and consulting a Springfield motorcycle accident lawyer can be beneficial.
3. Speak with the Police Officers
When the police officers arrive, tell them what happened. The only thing you can do is be honest with them about how the accident unfolded from your perspective, so be sure you give them your story. Try not to worry about what anyone else is saying.
The police officers should give you a copy of the report from the accident once they are done. Make sure you ask for a copy of this, as we may need it later if we pursue a claim on your behalf.
4. See a Doctor as Soon as Possible
Sometime you will not feel injuried right away. As soon as you start to feel pain, you will want to see a doctor as soon as possible. You might feel fine and think you haven’t suffered any injuries; however, you will have a lot of adrenaline going through your system following a serious bicycle accident. This adrenaline can mask some severe injuries, so you need to see a doctor to ensure your injuries are not overlooked.
Ask for a copy of your medical records before you leave. This evidence of your injuries can be important if you decide to pursue a claim later.
5. Schedule a Consultation with a Bicycle Accident Attorney
Once you are sure you have a plan in place for your medical recovery, you need to schedule a consultation with a bicycle accident attorney.
At Cava Law Firm, we would be honored to represent you, and we can provide you with a free case consultation. Let us review the evidence from your case and see if you are entitled to compensation.
Why Choose Us?
Cava Law Firm Fights for Your Rights
We know that you have choices if you are looking for a bicycle accident lawyer who can represent you and provide you with strong legal representation.
A few of the reasons why you should partner with our firm include:
- Experience: At the Cava Law Firm, we are proud to be led by attorneys Christopher Cava and Jennifer Cava-Foreman. We have a tremendous amount of experience helping people who have been involved in bicycle accidents in the local area. Not every lawyer specializes in this area, but we lean on our prior experience with bicycle accident injuries to provide you with the best possible representation.
- Previous Case Results: Even though we can certainly talk about the quality of our legal services, we have the case results to back it up. We are completely transparent when it comes to our previous case results, and we invite you to take a look at them for yourself.
- Positive Reviews and Ratings: We have a wealth of positive reviews and ratings from satisfied clients, and we invite you to take a look at some of those as well. These reviews will let you know what to expect if you decide to partner with our team.
- Compassion: We know how stressful it can be if you have been involved in a serious bicycle accident, and we will provide your case with the care and compassion that it deserves. We are here to support you in any way that we can.
- Communication: We will keep you updated on your case as it unfolds, and we will be with you every step of the way. Our goal is to explain everything to you in a way that you can understand to help you make the best possible decision regarding your accident.
If you have any questions or concerns, reach out to us at any time.
How We Can Help You
Quality Legal Representation and Counsel
There are several ways that we can help you if you have been involved in an accident. Some of the ways our bicycle accident lawyers can assist you include:
- We subpoena documents and interview witnesses to ensure we have all the evidence possible from your case.
- We can talk to expert witnesses who can reconstruct the accident and discuss the nature of your injuries.
- We can negotiate with an insurance company and the event that someone reaches out to you to offer a settlement.
- We can file a lawsuit and pursue damages that can compensate you for your medical expenses, lost income, and emotional distress.
- We can even take your case to trial if we feel you are not offered a fair settlement.
- We provide comprehensive legal representation, and our goal is to act in your best interests every step of the way.
Contact us today to schedule a free case consultation at (413) 737-3430 or (413) 781-CAVA (2282).
Winning is NO Accident! Contact Cava Law Firm Bicycle Accident Attorneys
At the Cava Law Firm, our top priority is to act in your best interests. We will do everything we can to put your case in a position to be successful, and we will represent you every step of the way.
Make an appointment for a free case consultation by calling (413) 737-3430 or (413) 781-CAVA (2282).
We will always take the time to answer your questions before we move forward. Some of the most common questions that our clients ask us include:
In Massachusetts, the statute of limitations is three (3) years on most cases. While this might sound like a long time, it is always better to reach out to us sooner rather than later and make sure your case falls into that typical category.
You should not speak to the insurance company without speaking to a lawyer first. The insurance company will do everything they can to get out of paying you money; and even if they pay you, they don’t want to pay you anything more than they have to. We can negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf and secure a more favorable settlement.
We may be able to pursue different types of damages if you have been involved in a bicycle accident. For example, we can pursue compensation for your current medical expenses, lost income, pain and suffering, property damage, and future medical costs.
No, you do not have to go to court to win money, and we may be able to settle your case without filing a lawsuit in court. We might feel it is better to take your case to trial in some situations, but we will discuss this with you individually when it comes time to either settle or file litigation.