Why Choose Cava Law Firm
At Cava Law Firm, our team, led by attorneys Christopher F. Cava and Jennifer L. Cava-Foreman, brings a wealth of experience and a personalized approach to every speeding accident case we handle. We do more than represent our clients; we stand by them, guiding them through every step of the legal process.
We have a proven track record of securing favorable outcomes for our clients. From court victories to substantial settlements negotiated outside of court, our speeding accident lawyers in Springfield, MA, have repeatedly demonstrated a commitment to seeking justice for victims of speeding accidents.
Our Approach to Speeding Accident Cases
At Cava Law Firm, we firmly believe that every speeding accident case is unique, with its own set of complexities and nuances. As such, our Springfield speeding accident attorneys follow a detailed, systematic approach to ensure we provide you with the most effective legal representation possible.
Depending on the circumstances of your case, some of the following steps are utilized:
- Case Evaluation: Our attorneys start by conducting a comprehensive evaluation of your case. We meticulously review every detail of the accident, including the accident report, witness statements, and medical records. This helps us gain a deep understanding of the incident and its impact on your life.
- Investigation: Next, we conduct an extensive investigation. This could involve visiting the accident scene, consulting with accident reconstruction experts, requesting and analyzing CCTV footage, and any other relevant actions to gather the most compelling evidence.
- Working With Experts: We collaborate with a variety of specialists, such as medical professionals, vocational rehabilitation experts, and economic loss analysts. Their insights contribute significantly to building a robust case that highlights the full extent of your damages.
- Claim Preparation and Negotiation: Our Springfield speeding accident lawyers prepare and submit a detailed claim to the at-fault party’s insurance company. We are skilled negotiators and will fight for a settlement that adequately covers your losses.
- Litigation: Our attorneys are prepared to take your case to court if a fair settlement cannot be reached outside the courtroom. We will passionately advocate for your rights and interests before the judge and jury.
- Post-Trial Follow-ups: After the trial, our commitment to you continues. We assist in collecting the awarded compensation and address any post-trial legal issues that may arise.
A deep commitment to personalizing our services according to your unique circumstances and needs guides our approach every step of the way. We aim to provide compassionate, comprehensive, and competent legal representation for victims of speeding accidents.
Legal Process for Speeding Accident Cases
Understanding the legal process in speeding accident cases is paramount to successfully navigating the road to compensation. Our attorneys are well-versed in the intricacies of Massachusetts traffic laws and relevant case laws that may impact your case.
For instance, the Commonwealth operates under the concept of “modified comparative negligence.” This means that you can still recover damages even if you are partially at fault for the accident, as long as you are not more than 50% responsible.
Moreover, Massachusetts law states that “[n]o person operating a motor vehicle on any way shall run it at a rate of speed greater than is reasonable and proper.” Violations of this statute form the basis of many speeding accident claims, as they can establish the negligence of the speeding driver.
Massachusetts courts require the plaintiff to prove the four elements of negligence to collect compensation: duty of care, breach of duty, causation, and damages. Our attorneys will work diligently to demonstrate these four elements in your case.
Through every step of this process, our attorneys aim to ensure that you are fully informed and comfortable with the decisions being made. Our goal is to secure the compensation you deserve and make an otherwise challenging journey as smooth and stress-free as possible.
Winning Is NO Accident!
Our success is not measured merely in court victories and financial settlements but also the grateful words of our clients. Testimonials from satisfied clients and our case studies of successful speeding accident cases bear witness to our dedication and hard work.
Our attorneys achieved a $250,000 jury verdict for an accident victim who was initially only offered $30,000 from the insurance company. Another accident victim received a $400,000 settlement instead of a $40,000 pre-suit offer. Our track record, both in and out of the courtroom, reveals a commitment to getting relief and restitution for our clients.
Frequently Asked Questions
In the aftermath of a speeding accident, having questions is normal. We have compiled and answered some of the most common questions about speeding accident cases.
What can I expect in my free consultation?
During your free consultation, one of our Springfield speeding accident lawyers will listen to the details of your case, answer any questions you may have, and discuss the potential legal steps you can take.
How long do I have to file a claim after a speeding accident?
In Massachusetts, the statute of limitations for personal injury claims is typically three years from the date of the accident, but certain factors may affect this timeline. It is crucial to consult with an attorney to ensure you meet all deadlines.
Will my case go to trial?
While many speeding accident cases are settled out of court, some do proceed to trial if a fair settlement cannot be reached. Our attorneys are prepared to advocate for your rights in court if necessary.
What if I was partly at fault for the accident?
Massachusetts follows a modified comparative negligence rule, which means you may still recover damages if you are less than 51% at fault. Your percentage of fault will reduce the amount of compensation.
Can I claim compensation if the speeding driver was uninsured?
Yes, if you have uninsured motorist coverage as part of your own auto insurance policy, you can claim compensation from your insurer in the event of an accident with an uninsured driver. In such situations, consulting with motorcycle accident attorneys in Springfield can provide additional legal guidance and support.
How much will it cost to hire a speeding accident lawyer from Cava Law Firm?
Our firm operates on a contingency fee basis, meaning you only pay if we secure compensation for you. The exact fee will be discussed during your free consultation.
These are just a few of the most frequently asked questions about speeding accidents. Our Springfield speeding accident lawyers understand you may have many more questions about your unique situation. We encourage you to reach out to us at (413) 737-3430 or (413) 781-CAVA (2282) for a free, no-obligation consultation.
Remember, at Cava Law Firm, winning is NO accident! We are here to help you navigate your way to justice and compensation.